

COMMITTEE MEETING – October 15, 2018 7:00 PM MUNICIPAL BUILDING, 770 COOPERTOWN ROAD, DELANCO, NJ 08075

Roll Call: Browne X Dovey X Ouellette X Templeton X Fitzpatrick X Also Present: Mr. Schwab, Twp. Administrator X Mr. Noll, Twp. Engineer X Mr. Heinold, Twp. Solicitor ___ Mrs. Lohr, Municipal Clerk X Mrs. Martin, Deputy Municipal Clerk X Mr. Fenimore, Supt. of Public Works ___ Mr. DeSanto, Police Chief. X Others:

FLAG SALUTE SUNSHINE STATEMENT: Please be advised that proper notice of this meeting has been given in compliance with the Open Public Meetings Act in the following manner: Initial written notice was mailed to the Burlington County Times and Courier Post and published in the January 3, 2018 editions. Notice of change of meeting start time was subsequently published in the March 23, 2018 editions. Written notice has been posted on the official bulletin board of the Township of Delanco at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.

Comments and Reports

Comments- Township Administrator

Schwab: Fencing is completed at Field of Dreams. Once we pay the invoice we'll be able to get our last payment from the County. We received county assessors report. We received request from someone at Newtons Landing—they want us to evaluate one of their roads they think is affect storm water drainage. Charitable contribution law, received notice explaining what all needs to be done to make that happen. Our state joined with other NE states with suing Fed gov that restricted amt of state and local taxes is deductible. Tax payers are ones taking risk and want to claim deduction they are the ones taking the risk.

Fitzpatrick expressed concern the state is even getting involved in it and would recommend people not get into it. The first memos from IRS stated they would not accept the deduction.

Schwab: the point is going to come where you as a board member have to decide whether you want to open this up to the tax payers. Its very complicated. If you want to read about it, I can forward it to you.

Ouelette- question, money from fence for FOD came from county? Yes, it came from the open space grant, they reserved it for us. Because cost of fence came under the bid limit, we didn't have to bid it.

Comments- Department Heads

1. Police: We gave away lunch with a cop during community day. We received a letter from stylex, they made presumption it was pedestrian hit and run. The police department is leaving it as open investigation not concluding it's a hit and run. Im concerned about pedestrians on Coopertown road and cars passing them. I asked county what they can and cant provide us. Response was lighting but not sidewalks—walking towards Edgewater park Stylex, Soho, and the new company in D&W. they cross over coopertown road and walk up it because wider shoulders. We could add lighting especially in areas where shoulders aren't very wide. Sidewalk issue I know has been talked about it and the county says they don't do sidewalks. Lighting we should address, ill give you a number of lights I recommend, the county could come out and markup the ROW for potential sidewalks. They did say if we wrote a letter

and asked them to look at feasibility of putting a crosswalk with a landing area ADA compliant and if we ever got one of those safe streets grants we could argue something to tie into an existing pedestrian crosswalk. Just a quick survey 5-6 poles with lights concentrating on where there's no shoulder.

Fitzpatrick: we should reach out to county to map out the easements, we should move ahead with the lights. I'll talk to Joe about the easements and the crosswalk.

Browne: we need to know what we are getting into dollar-wise. Then we can approach the county for money.

Fitzpatrick: there are funds out there, there's a lot out there, even a rails to trails through the DVRPC

Browne: I worry that opens us up to recognizing the safety issue but that we don't go all the way resolving it.

Fitzpatrick: we should ask them to work on a grant for Coopertown and forget Burlington ave. We could assess it to the business and if they can pay it 1 time, it's a municipal assessment they can pay over time. We did it on street work years and years ago.

Browne: are the solar farm/winzinger going to be forced to put in sidewalks?

Ouellette: yes, they are its part of their plan. We could send out one letter to each business, explain what we're trying to do, and ask for a collaborative effort for the safety of their own employees.

Schwab: I'll ask them the engineers to write a proposal what it would take

Templeton: this is all one big ball we're pushing out—I think we hold off on having the engineers start let's talk with businesses, township and county first.

Fitzpatrick: once we get the info we could go to Mark Renza from the county and ask him what grants we could apply for.

Browne: I reached out to Burlink about running the bus again I think we have enough passengers but I haven't heard anything back yet.

Fitzpatrick: Jesse will follow up with his light suggestions, Richard will reach out to engineers and I'll reach out to Joe.

2. Public Works last day to register to vote for upcoming election is tomorrow. According to our sources DMV will open Oct 22nd, the annual rabies clinic will be Nov 10th, usually 1st sat but there was a conflict for the vet. 10-12p we'll send residents notices about Halloween curfew. Next meeting will not be til nov 19th, we do meet Tuesday the 13th also. We can meet on the 13th and at that point determine if we need to meet on the 19th. We'll do email blasts notifying the residents.

3. Municipal Clerk: nothing.

Comments- Township Committee

Ouellette: discussions with JLUB about master plan and sidewalks. If committee has any suggestions in the updates to the master plan, comments are welcome. Looks like the one that happened 10 yrs ago were taken care of, there's a few items not relevant anymore and few that need to be looked at. Oct 9th

library meeting, discussions went on about budget and community day. Oct 11th discussions at recreation about budget and community day. Still concern about gating off field but leaving parking lot during offseason use.

Dovey: Richard did you send everyone draft 5?

Schwab: no, I sent it to you and John Fenimore only because we have more questions than answers.

Dovey: you were shooting to meet with shade tree and land use for first week of November. Let's meet 10/24 at 11a. we'll make sure John is here and at that time we'll set a date for another meeting. I wasn't able to attend sewage mtg

Templeton: missed EAC meeting but it was about community day, it was a nice turnout though. Small note, I have kept tabs on dredging and items that affect the town, I stumbled on a report about 9mths old, about beneficial use of dredge materials. Pg 32 of the report it lists the disposal facilities along the Delaware Beverly Delanco and hawk island are no longer listed as disposal sites. It makes sense because areas they can dredge on are not big enough.

Browne: I did get approached by boy scout leader, there was an issue about open burn. Need clarification in our ordinance about it. Lid or grate?

DeSanto: once a summer there's an issue one neighbor to another. Ordinance says grate not necessarily a chimenea.

Browne: school board candidates oct 18th we have a meet the candidate's day. Nice to meet the new girl Jessica, working with Jesse at community day.

Fitzpatrick: as I said DMV sent letter (read letter about opening of facility on the record) history board has military presentation on nov 4th 3pm I believe. Attended seniors meeting they had blood pressure testing and flu shots. Joe Barrett from library had favorite book with him, catcher in the rye, when you pass onto the other side you leave your family members whatever you left behind. He's taken his favorite book and written captions in hopes when he passes, his family will enjoy the comments he has in this book. I thought it was a good idea. He talked about library and programs they offer. They offer daytime book reading where you read and talk about it. Missed BOE meeting, Mike sent me PARC results which I had a chance to review, still disappointing, some areas lower than before. Their take on it is that they're working on the curriculum and I don't believe the curriculum person they hired is achieving results. Reminder that Oct 18th 7pm walnut street meet the candidates sponsored by the PTO.

PUBLIC COMMENT STATEMENT

There are two opportunities for the public to comment and ask questions. The purpose of the public comment sessions is to allow residents to share information and/or views with the Delanco Township Committee. Since the Committee may be hearing the information for the first time, it is not always possible to have issues and questions settled within the public comment session

Phil Jenkins:

Parc scores lower than expected, we are working on it. This started with school board, getting superintendent to go a certain way. 5th year with Mersinger, the curriculum supervisor has been there 2 years and starting to make changes. Few students that decided they didn't want to take the test we got a zero on them and it majorly affects. We have a long-term vision.

\$4200 on a \$15,000 garage—something needs to change should not be hammering the residents about this. I came in as a member of the public. (Browne: Are you corresponding to us with ordinance numbers, you can propose something) when I get a list of ordinances that need to be changed I will fill this courtroom with people. (Fitz I thought Land use board streamlined things so that for some items they could just go through administrative review, no variances, no site plan, its just one tenant out, one tenant in—I thought when you come into a variance it's a little different and if you have suggestions on how that process could change we would all appreciate it) amount of money, 1 set fee attorneys draw from, pay application fee + escrow fee, pay engineer, atty, and planner. If you draw down the escrow you'll get a letter from kitty saying you need to increase it.

Jenkins: every year the attorneys come in and say they don't charge for their services but I still say for a residential person, \$500-\$1000, and that's what they draw off. (Fitzpatrick we could have a subcommittee meet with JLUB to meet with them and discuss the process and work with professionals to work on more of a set fee)

Closed to the public.

RESOLUTION 2018-19

Providing for the insertion of any special item of revenue in the budget of any county or municipality pursuant to N.J.S. 40A:4-87 Chapter 159, P.L. 1985 (Library Aid)

PAYMENT OF BILLS

ACCOUNT	AMOUNT
GENERAL	\$723,558.55
PAYROLL	134,655.29
ESCROW TRUST	22,093.25
MUNICIPAL OPEN SPACE	9,128.11

APPROVAL OF DEPARTMENT REPORTS

APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA Motion by Dovey seconded by Browne to approve the consent agenda Roll Call: Browne X Dovey X Ouellette X Templeton_X Fitzpatrick X

CORRESPONDENCE

MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC FOR COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS SESSION TWO

none

COMMENT AND QUESTION SECTION OF THE MEETING CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC

DISCUSSION ITEMS:

Shade tree secretary recommending that the woman sitting as alternate number be moved to voting position. All in favor. (Moved by Fitzpatrick)

Lohr: I'm getting ready to issue the professionals RFP's should I be writing something about the flat fees? Its more complicated than just "residential" fixed fee.

Fitzpatrick: Fine send RFP as-is but we need to do the subcommittee and work out something fairer for the residents. Kitty will send everyone the fee schedules and we will familiarize ourselves and work on the subcommittee.

ADJOURNMENT- Motion by Templeton seconded Browne.